Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mmmmms, fat!

Oh my goodness, I gotta be honest I was so disgusted but Im pretty sure that Im going to be drinking pop by tomorrow anyways. Say if I did drink pop everyday, I get enough exercise to loose the ten pounds gained by the end of the year. Only the lazy people keep that fat, along with the food you ate with that pop. Exercise does help with your health.
Though, I think that the campaign is very effective. It targets the people's fear of getting fat and it has the visual aspect for people to see what is going into their system. It says "a pop A DAY"for a year though. People might think "Oh, its okay. I dont drink pop everyday anyways." I have always wanted to be a healthier person even before this ad, but it didn't really change my views about drinking pop. I still drink it occasionally and as long as I'm not one of those people who drink it everyday I think that I'll be fine.
The growing obesity in our nation is caused by large proportions because people want the most from what they payed for. The larger the proportion they get, the more fat people gain by thinking they have to finish what they bought and pop makes you eat more. It also makes you thirstier which means you're gonna keep drinking it. You may even end up drinking 3 cans a day!
The video grossed me out. It made me turn my head and look away. It made me rethink about my pop-drinking habbits and how often I drink pop. Though it didn't turn me away from pop for good. I would still probably drink pop but not as much as before.
Canada is greastly influenced by America, Canada may even just be the version of America with less obesity ratings and free health care! So if they start taxing for their pop, then we would probably add another 1% to the additional 14% GST & PST we already pay for. If we do have to pay more for pop, I would still buy it but not as often anymore. Pop companies may suffer from this but Pop would be a bigger luxury than maybe champagne or other drinks that cost a lot.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Canada is totally influenced by America with it’s bad food habits. If we did have to pay more for pop I would still pay for it, just not as much also.

    ReplyDelete